The Eye Clinic of Fort Leonard Wood has the leading providers of comprehensive eye care. Our goal is to deliver excellence in eye care for patients of all ages by combining medical expertise and advanced technology with a commitment to personal attention and customer service. Basic care includes a thorough assessment of visual systems. If further testing or treatment is needed, we provide referrals to specialty clinics as needed, such as Ophthalmology. We invite you to take a closer look at all we have to offer, and hope to see you soon. For more information on any of our services please call our office.
Deliver leading-edge comprehensive and compassionate, quality eye health care, maximize the vision readiness of our force, and provide exceptional education and training opportunities.
Services and Programs:
- Comprehensive vision exams, contact lens exams (time/space available for existing contact lens wearers, no new fits) are by appointment only. SM must be vision ready before contact lens prescription can be dispensed.
- Occupational, driver's physicals, Physicals (Airborne, Ranger, Sapper, etc.) are performed on a walk-in basis from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. daily. Bring your glasses if you have them. No contact lenses should be worn on physicals. DODMERB exams should be contact lens free for at least 3 days prior to your physical. If you fail the vision screening, you will be scheduled for a comprehensive exam with our optometrist.
- All active duty Family Members are eligible for care in the Optometry Clinic. Retirees will be seen as space is available. Please call or stop in to check on the status of our retiree eye care.
- Active duty and Retired service members are eligible to order glasses from the Optometry Clinic.
- Dilation is recommended for most patients at their comprehensive examination. Dilation requires eye drops to enlarge the pupil and provide the most thorough health evaluation of the eyes. The side effects of dilation are blurry vision (primarily up close) and light sensitivity. Patients are encouraged to bring a driver with them to their appointment in the case of dilation.
- Refractive Surgery: Please review the eligibility requirements here.
Please bring the following items to all exams:
- ID card
- Current medication list
- Current glasses and sunglasses
- Pair of current contact lenses AND contact lens box/package or written contact lens prescription and contact lens solution used
- All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult during their entire examination