In support of our patients and families during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are modifying our hospital visitation policy. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, staff and our community remain a top priority at GLWACH.
GLWACH will only allow visitors into the facility as indicated below:
• Outpatients: 1 adult caregiver/battle-buddy or 2 battle-buddies for a trainee behavioral health visit (clinic must be contacted first for any extenuating circumstances)
• Pediatric inpatients: 2 visitors
• Cognitively impaired adults (inpatient and outpatient): 1 primary caregiver
• All inpatients at end-of-life: 2 visitors
• All inpatients (not listed above): 1 visitor for no greater than 2 hours daily
• Labor and Delivery (including postpartum): 1 primary support person
• Ambulatory/Same day Surgeries: 1 escort permitted until discharge.
• Surgery with planned admission: 1 escort may remain in the hospital vicinity until the surgeon completes the case and discusses it with him/her. (Patient must agree to the sharing of the information with the escort/family member)
• Emergency Department: 1 escort/battle-buddy (exception in pediatrics or end-of-life)
Other than the exceptions above, visitors will not be permitted to accompany patients to outpatient appointments. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone’s support in preserving the safety of our patients and staff. For questions/concerns, please speak to a member of the patient’s healthcare team.
For all patients and visitors:
Note: Please be careful not to impede healthcare, display HIPAA information, or include patients or staff who have not consented to being filmed/photographed.
- Please do not arrive any more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Everyone must wear a face covering according to current guidance.
- Everyone should practice physical distancing measures (greater than 6 feet) as appropriate.
- We encourage patients to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual means and mobile devices.